To celebrate the release of Oscar-nominated animation The Breadwinner, we've got three copies on Blu-ray to be won.
Closing date: 15/10/2018
terms & conditions
1. This competition is only open to UK residents, excluding BOOM's friends and family and anyone else directly associated with this promotion.
2. The prize is a copy of The Breadwinner on Blu-ray. We have three copies in total to give away.
3. The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
4. One entry per person - and yes, we will check. If we find that you have entered multiple times, we will disqualify you from this competition. Repeat offenders will be disqualified from entering future competitions. And we don't like robots, so we investigate multiple entries and entries suspected as being from robots will be deleted.
5. Closing date for entries is midnight on 15/10/2018.
6. Winners will be notified within 7 days by email. If a winner does not respond with their posting details 7 days after we sent them the initial notification email, their prize will be offered to another person following a subsequent further draw. This process will repeat until somebody responds and tells us where to send the prize. If you're entering, please remember to check your emails!
About The Breadwinner
From executive producer Angelina Jolie and twice Academy Award and BAFTA-nominated Kilkenny-based animation studio Cartoon Saloon – the creators of the Academy Award nominated The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, comes the highly-anticipated, award-winning feature THE BREADWINNER, now available as a Digital Download, on Blu-ray and DVD.
THE BREADWINNER tells the story of Parvana, an 11-year-old girl growing up under the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001. When her father is wrongfully arrested, Parvana disguises herself as a boy in order to support her family. With dauntless perseverance, Parvana draws strength from the stories her father told her, and ultimately risks her life to discover if he is still alive. Equal parts thrilling and enchanting, THE BREADWINNER is a timely and inspiring tale about the transcendent power of stories, and their potential to unite and heal us all.
Based on Deborah Ellis’ bestselling novel, director Nora Twomey was instantly drawn to the story. After the script was solidified and production began, one of the biggest challenges for the creative team was identifying a clear visual style for the film; Cartoon Saloon founder and CEO Paul Young, who is also a producer on the film, commented: “In this film, we’ve gone even more realistic with the look; we’re introducing a perspective that we’ve never had in our films before.” Combining various styles of animation (such as cut-out animation) provides the film with a strong visual cue when venturing from the real world, Parvana’s experience in Kabul, to the story world, her imagination.
Set during the exciting post-war social change in the 1950s, the intrepid duo are drawn to the Pacific Coast where they meet Iris (Balint – Prison Break) and Hailey (Peloso – Level Up) , their US counterparts during the war. The four women team up and are soon solving murders and high-stake crimes with their unique collection of talents.