We've a copy of the gripping C4 drama Help on DVD to be won.
Closing date: 31/10/2021
terms & conditions
1. This competition is only open to UK residents, excluding BOOM's friends and family and anyone else directly associated with this promotion.
2. The prize is a copy of Help on DVD. We have one copy in total to give away.
3. The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
4. One entry per person - and yes, we will check. If we find that you have entered multiple times, we will disqualify you from this competition. Repeat offenders will be disqualified from entering future competitions. And we don't like robots, so we investigate multiple entries and entries suspected as being from robots will be deleted.
5. Closing date for entries is midnight on 31/10/2021.
6. Winners will be notified within 7 days by email. If a winner does not respond with their posting details 7 days after we sent them the initial notification email, their prize will be offered to another person following a subsequent further draw. This process will repeat until somebody responds and tells us where to send the prize. If you're entering, please remember to check your emails!
With the care system at the forefront of the public’s minds, as it creaks under the weight of an ageing population, lack of funding and staff and the devastation wrought by a global pandemic, a hard-hitting new drama, Help starring two of Britain’s most respected actors Stephen Graham and Jodie Comer, focuses on life in a care home during the early, dark days of Covid 19. This powerful film explores the moving bonds between carer and resident, and the struggle they must face in this unimaginable and unknown world.
Set in a Liverpool care home, we meet Sarah (Jodie Comer (Killing Eve, Doctor Foster), who, after many years of struggling to find work, has found her calling at Bright Sky Homes. Instantly connecting with the residents, she forms a special bond with Tony (Graham – Save Me, This is England), who is in his late 40s, with Early Onset Alzheimer’s. Sarah feels like she finally fits in and has a purpose, and the residents feel like they have someone that truly cares.
Then in March 2020, the Coronavirus pandemic hits, and everything is thrown into disarray. Unprepared and ill-equipped, Sarah and her colleagues fight tooth and nail to keep their vulnerable inhabitants safe, but it seems they’ve been all but abandoned by the powers that be.
Penned by BAFTA award-winner Jack Thorne (His Dark Materials, National Treasure) and directed by BAFTA-winning Marc Munden (The Third Day, Utopia) the drama is set for release on DVD and digital on 11 October 2021, from Acorn Media International.