We've got Small Soldiers, starring Kirsten Dunst, Gregory Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, on DVD to be won.
Closing date: 06/10/2020
terms & conditions
1. This competition is only open to UK residents, excluding BOOM's friends and family and anyone else directly associated with this promotion.
2. The prize is a copy of Small Soldiers on DVD. We have two copies in total to give away.
3. The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
4. One entry per person - and yes, we will check. If we find that you have entered multiple times, we will disqualify you from this competition. Repeat offenders will be disqualified from entering future competitions. And we don't like robots, so we investigate multiple entries and entries suspected as being from robots will be deleted.
5. Closing date for entries is midnight on 06/10/2020.
6. Winners will be notified within 7 days by email. If a winner does not respond with their posting details 7 days after we sent them the initial notification email, their prize will be offered to another person following a subsequent further draw. This process will repeat until somebody responds and tells us where to send the prize. If you're entering, please remember to check your emails!
About Small Soldiers:
Meet the Commando Elite – toy action figures with an attitude. They’ve escaped from their boxes along with their enemies -the kindhearted but unusual-looking Gorgonites. Can teenager Alan Abernathy (Gregory Smith) rescue the girl of his dreams (Kirsten Dunst) before the whole town is turned upside down by these Small Soldiers. A spectacular adventure for the whole family!
Small Soldiers was directed by Joe Dante (Gremlins). Dante originally wanted the cast of Predator (1987) to voice the Commando Elite with Arnold Schwarzenegger voicing the leader Chip Hazard. Ultimately Chip was voiced by Tommy Lee Jones with the other Commando Elite parts going to cast members from The Dirty Dozen (1967): Ernest Borgnine, Jim Brown, Clint Walker and George Kennedy. Charles Bronson refused to voice a toy soldier.
Other actors who lent their voices to characters in the film include Christina Ricci (The Addams Family, Buffalo ’66), Sarah Michelle Geller (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Harry Shearer (The Simpsons) and Michael Keen (This is Spinal Tap).
The movie features music by Led Zeppelin, who are notoriously strict about how their music is used in films, games, and other media. The Commandos use “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls in psychological warfare.
Small Soldiers is out now on DVD.